Friday 28 December 2007

It's short for Herbert

In my life, I have done many things that make no sense.

At age 14 I ran into a brick wall (not on purpose). And I'll admit that, once, after catching my big toe on the hem of my pyjama bottoms near the top of a staircase, I started leaving sticky notes next to my bed reminding me to not fall down the stairs. I did the same for a while after having a close call with a motorbike whilst crossing the street. I am 23, by the way.

I even wore a Primark dress to my university graduation ceremony (it looked well nice, though).

But I have never, ever, ever felt the need to jump inside a giant fuzzy hammer suit and cheer for West Ham.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Herbie the Hammer:




Hold the Timmy Mallett jokes. They've already been done.

I should mention that WHFC has rolled out a, how should I say this, more cuddly co-mascot, Bubbles the Bear - yes, in reference to that Millais painting and that song. Whenever I hear West Ham supporters singing, "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles," I can't help but yell back, "Why won't she let you stick it in?"

Yes, I know I'm sad. That's why I support Spurs.

1 comment:

Wormulus said...

There is no amount of money I could be offered for me to service West Ham dressed as a giant hammer.

No Amount.